*Please visit this page frequently as our recruitment info will be updated throughout the summer (last update August 3)
Recruitment will be held in accordance with the University’s guidelines in September 2022. While we anticipate in-person events, public health guidance may result in either an all virtual or a combination of in person and virtual events. Watch this space for details.
Look for us at New & Transfer Student Orientation this Summer!
Thinking about joining one of our organizations but don’t know where to start? Learn how recruitment works, steps you can take to be a strong candidate for membership and get all your questions answered.
- First Year Students are invited to stop by our Info Table during the evening social to speak to members of our community. Stay for our info session at 9:30pm in the Reading Room
- Transfer Students can attend one of our two Breakout Sessions during their Orientation at 3:55pm or 4:25pm in the Livingston Student Center
Check the Rutgers NB Summer Orientation app for schedule details or ask your Orientation Leader
Any student wishing to learn more about our Greek life community is encouraged to complete our interest form.
Any student who wants to participate in fall recruitment must register with the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Affairs. Be sure to register early so chapters can include you on their distribution list of info related to fall recruitment events.
All of our member sororities are expected to hold a Meet the Sisters event once a month during the fall. Interested students are encouraged to attend more than one organization’s recruitment events so they may find the group best suited for them.
Keep in mind, opportunities for joining in the fall are:
- Limited to Upper-Class and Transfer students. First Year students may attend events, but may not join until spring 2023 recruitment in late January. All students must meet our academic eligibility standards in order to participate in recruitment.
- Limited by sorority membership rosters. Only those chapters with space in their roster may invite students to join this semester. We’ll have a better idea of which chapters can take new members in late August.
Ready to learn more? Join us at our first Council-sponsored event!
Wednesday, September 7th at the Livingston Student Center Room 201AB 7pm – 8pm Join the Panhellenic Council’s Recruitment Team and chapter representatives as we share our tips to help you “Make RU Feel Like Home” Learn more about how sorority recruitment works, get your questions answered and meet other students at our kickoff recruitment event.
Individual Chapter Recruitment Events: (fall dates coming soon)
Alpha Chi Omega –
Alpha Gamma Delta – Events at 11 Union Street.
Alpha Omega Epsilon –
Delta Gamma – Events at 4 Union Street
Gamma Phi Beta – Events at 4 Mine Street
Omega Phi Alpha-
Phi Mu – Events at 46 Union Street
Phi Sigma Rho –
Phi Sigma Sigma – Events at 66 College Ave
Sigma Delta Tau – Events at 14 Union Street
Zeta Tau Alpha – Events at 26 Union Street
Fall Recruitment Tips:
- Visit the social media sites of the sororities you are interested in to find out more details about their individual Meet the Sisters events.
- If events are being held virtually we’ll specify below, otherwise the event is in person.
- If more than one time is given for a Meet the Sisters you only need to attend one event, no need to attend both times.
- All events are open to all interested women, with the exception of the “by invitation only” events
- In person events may take place in the chapter’s lettered house on or near the College Ave campus (if they have one) or in a campus student center or academic building.
- If in person events are taking place, and masks are needed, please wear your mask as we want to keep everyone safe and healthy.
- Need more info? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Obligations (based on Fall ’21 data):
Average New Member Fees/Dues for Fall 2021 – $918.95
Average Initiated Member Dues/Fees for Fall 2021 – $743.36
Remember, these are averages. Some chapters will charge less, others more. The items covered in the fees will vary from group to group. All Potential New Members are encouraged to review the Financial Obligations of each chapter on our page and ask questions during recruitment. It is the responsibility of each Potential New Member to read and understand the financial obligations of the organization BEFORE she accepts an invitation to join. Students are encouraged to review this info with their parent/family members so they may make informed decisions together.
Want to learn more about our sorority community? Check out our recruitment video –